Social Media Internship
Fall 2023 internship positions are filled. Applications submitted now will be considered for Spring 2024. Lightmark Media internships are in-person roles in our Athens, GA based office. Only local candidates will be considered (i.e. NOT remote).
At Lightmark Media, we focus on growing small and mid-sized real estate focused companies through digital marketing strategy and implementation, and we deliver it with unrivaled customer service. Our team members are relationship-focused, results-driven and committed to improving our clients’ brands and bottom lines.
The Social Media Intern positions at Lightmark Media work with the Director of Social Media to create and share creative visual and written content to drive engagement across the major social platforms for our clients. We are specifically hiring for a general social media intern and a separate position with an emphasis on writing.
If you’re organized, articulate, creative, strategy-minded and driven to deliver exceptional work at a growing digital marketing agency, we encourage you to apply to join our growing team of innovators.
We are offering the rare opportunity for you to gain hands-on experience at an established marketing agency while also being paid for your work.
What These Positions May Entail
- Writing, editing, and repurposing copy for social media captions and posts to Facebook/LinkedIn groups
- Using AI or AI-assisted software to create original written content and graphics
- Editing Instagram and Tik Tok style clips using CapCut and AI tools
- Scheduling and publishing social media content to content management systems and social media platforms
- Managing social media communities and making note of any significant comments and messages across posts, ads, and inboxes
- Closely collaborating with the rest of the team to achieve client goals
In short, we’re seeking sharp, meticulous, self-motivated, creative people to join our team. If you believe you would excel in one of these roles, it may be the perfect opportunity for you.
What It Takes to Succeed
- Uphold our core values
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Editorial mindset that understands the content audiences consume, and how to transfer those preferences into our clients’ brand-voice
- Experience in content development and driving social audience growth and engagement strategies
- Ability to write and edit long form content such as blog articles
- Knowledge of the latest social media platforms, trends and regulations (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Have the ability to interact professionally with co-workers and clients
- Eagerness to learn and use AI tools to assist with content creation
What Else is Important
- Current student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Journalism, Real Estate, or related field preferred
- Must be able to work in our office located in Athens, GA during operating hours (9AM – 5:30PM)